Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Ladybugs and Chai Tea Lattes


I stopped editing to write this post because it's just something I have to put out there before life snaps me back to reality.

After a rough morning with my car and waking up sicker than yesterday, and after taking my mom back to work so I could have her car - mine decided to be stupid and go to the car hospital - I stopped by a small coffee shop to grab a cuppa. I planned to sit outside on this gorgeous day to get some fresh pollen-filled air and edit a batch of super late pictures with my old geezer puppy. (shown below)


I sit down, ready to tackle the pictures at hand, and I just can't get motivated to do them. I'm thinking about an extra credit paper I wasn't able to do, how I'm going to pay for this car repair when I have two plane tickets I need to buy soon, how I'm going to tell my new job that I have to take off a month for my other job, when I'll be able to work out again, etc. Pretty much just thinking about life and how to live it.

After untangling my dog for the 538th time from his own leash, I sat back down to continue attempting to edit, and a ladybug landed on my leg. I have always thought that when a ladybug lands on someone, it means good luck is coming your way. With me being an animal and critter lover (except for the roach the size of my left foot that was in my sock drawer last night... he can go DIAF. Except he can't. Because he's a roach.) I coaxed the little lady onto my hand and let it crawl around for a little while.

While looking at this beautiful little beetle, I realized that this was my sign from the universe to just stop. Stop worrying about stuff I can't control, about the inevitable and the unknown. It's not worth it.

Typically, a ladybug landing on someone isn't that special because the minute you realize what on you is in fact not a flying spider (because we all think that's what landed on us when we feel a bug on our arm. Admit it.), it flies away. It is something special or at least noteworthy when it won't leave. I write this sentence at 1:59pm, and it landed on me around 12:30pm. It's crawled all over my computer, on my cup, on my hand, on my phone, and now it sits... chillin' like a villain. And every time I think it finally flew away, it reappears.


It's the little things, people. Sometimes all it takes to snap you out of your stupor is something that is smaller than your pinky nail.


Meanwhile, my deaf and toothless dog can't figure out how to eat a complementary milk bone...

No comments:

Post a Comment